Facebook Removed 85% Blasphemous Content

Facebook Removed 85% Blasphemous Content

The interior ministry declared in front of the Islamabad High Court on Monday; That Facebook administration has been blocking illegal blasphemous content on the request of Pakistan. 85 per cent of such type material on the social networking site has before now removed. Interior Secretary Arif Khan inform in his report that Facebook responded to their letter. Besides, it showed its willingness to eliminate content supposed blasphemous.

Facebook Removed 85% Blasphemous Content

Furthermore, He said the federal government taken foreign ministers of 27 Muslim countries on board in construction with the issue. What’s more, three arrests have done during the online blasphemy inquiry. Out of it, two people directly taken in posting blasphemous content, he stated. Law enforcers have also discovered blasphemous content from the suspects’ laptops including mobile devices. A joint interrogation team constituted to probe into the matter, he added.

It is queried why the ambassador of the country from where the crime originated was not called. The interior secretary replied: “Our embassy in Washington has also carried the matter [ including the US government].”He stated banning Facebook is “not the solution to the problem”. Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) Chairman Ismael Shah said a team, involving 25 members; has working to search blasphemous content online. He informs that the authority has so far taken action upon 40 such pages.

Facebook Removed 85% Blasphemous Content

He announced the Facebook administration understood the issue. And “assured to comply with our demand”. “Facebook agreeing to our demands is a significant achievement,” the PTA chief told. In his remarks, IHC Chief Justice Shaukat Siddiqui appreciated the government for hosting a meeting of 27 agents of Muslims countries. Justice Siddiqui showed displeasure over the role of the information ministry. IT Minister Anusha Rehman ordered to come in person and explain why the issue has not fixed yet.

The chief justice further sought a report on improvements to the Prevention of Electronic Crimes Act 2016. The hearing of this case will continue on March 31 as the court ordered all parties to submit their ongoing reports on the day.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*